Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Know There's A Floor Under All Of These Toys...

My daughter's toys are an epidemic and they're taking over the world!  Okay, so really they're just taking over my living room.  But still! 

It is truly amazing how many toys we have accumulated in the past eight months.  At this age, she's only bringing her toys out to throw them on the floor.  And really, she's only eight months!  If she is so happy playing with an empty pot and wooden spoon, then why does my living room look like a Fisher Price outlet?  Somewhere under this sea of Little People and Weeble Wobbles (you know, the ones that don't fall down?)  is beige carpet that I haven't seen in weeks. 
We didn't bring this on ourselves.  It's the grandparents.  It's always the grandparents!  They are constantly bombarding us generously giving us toys for Jellybean.  Big toys, little toys, riding toys, crawl-through toys...  I've had it!

This weekend is the final straw... we are going to begin our journey towards the destination of a toy rotation!

Any tips?

1 comment:

  1. lol! Oh boy, I am not looking forward to this! I'm just getting ready to get out the saucer for tator tot and that thing is going to take up sooo much room!! He's just started grabbing at toys, let the games begin!:)

    ReplyDelete