Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How To Impress The Guardian Ad Litem Part V: Drug Testing

In a custody/visitation dispute, if one parent is accused of abusing illegal drugs, then both parents are required to be tested.  Since W.'s long-term drug use is one of my grounds for supervised visitation, the court system has ordered that we both submit to a 90-day hair follicle test. 

Drug testing is a real possibility in any case involving children.  To be frank, this part freakin' sucks.  I said goodbye to $60 and a small chunk of my hair, and I wasn't doing drugs in the first place! 

So Part V of How To Impress a Guardian Ad Litem: Drugs are bad.

SEE ALSO:
Introduction to How To Impress The Guardian Ad Litem
Part I: The Initial Meeting
Part II: Preparing For The Home Inspection
Part III: The Home Inspection & Parent/Child Interaction
Part IV: Consulting The Witnesses

UPDATE:
Part VI: Do What The Guardian Tells You

4 comments:

  1. Not that any of this is funny but this post made me laugh; drugs are bad. That pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Alyssa. That sucks that you had to pay $60 for a drug test when he's the one with the drug issue, but i love the "Drugs Are Bad" at the end. I may need to just make that my new motto whenever the topic of drugs comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we gotta have a little comic relief in all of this BS. Does anyone remember Mr. Mackey from South Park? "Drugs are bad, mmkay?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to make this post. I am awaiting the gals arrival now and this information has proved helpful and mind easing. I hope you and your little jellybean have a wonderful and prosperous outcome!:)

    ReplyDelete